Sunday 6 November 2011

Journalism Now! Winol Review 02/11/11

Well we have officially entered the ‘Journalism Now’ module, which basically reinforces the importance of reading a newspaper every day. I am not going to deny that trekking up to the Hospital, for my copy of ‘The Guardian’ in the pouring rain, was not exactly what I wanted to be doing at nine on Thursday morning. However I do want to succeed on this course, so I grabbed my brolly and prepared for a soaking.
Much to my dismay we were once again asked to review this week’s WINOL. Reviews are not my strong point, but here it goes:

This week’s WINOL was a vast improvement from last weeks, returning to the standard which we usually see and expect.
 The section of the news bulletin this week which stood out for me was the interview with MP Steve Brine, as it was of the standard I would usually expect from national or regional news, far beyond what I would expect to result from a student interview. There was also focus on local news with the bin collection story, which contained an apology to residents from George Beckett; the leader of Winchester City Council.
The sport section was clearly presented and highly informative, however it did seem to be too long in comparison to the other stories as it took up nearly five minutes of the bulletin. Although this could be a slightly biased opinion as I have no interest in sport myself.
Despite a few pauses in sound, and instances where the background noise overpowered the presenter, this week’s WINOL was interesting and of good quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment