Monday 20 May 2013

WINOL Highlights


WINOL has covered a lot of big stories this year, so we decided to compile a special highlights edition to look back over our best packages.
For this special edition I edited the politics highlight package. This proved a lot harder than I expected as we simply had too much good footage from the Eastleigh by-election, so I struggled to pick and choose what should go in. In the end I decided to take a chronological approach to the package as they really told the story of the by-election and it was the best way to get as much footage in as possible. As the by-election was a collaborative effort of the whole team I couldn't give direct accreditation to each reporter for their footage as it would have just become a mess of names, but it really was a team effort.  
Unfortunately our usually presenter Harry Parkhill had to pop away on the Wednesday so I was asked to fill in on presenting. I was very nervous about this as I have very little experience presenting and it was all being filmed on location so I couldn't have an auto cue. However I tried my best to fill some very big shoes and I hope I didn't do WINOL too much of an injustice.

No comments:

Post a Comment