Sunday 3 November 2013

WINOL Week 5 - Presenting and UKIP Interview


This week I took the role of presenter for WINOL, attempting to fill the very big shoes of Harry Parkhill. I was quite nervous as it has been a long time since I have presented but I was excited to take on the challenge. I was slightly disappointed as I stumbled a few times and fluffed a few words. Ian Anderson said I presented well but needed to slow down my delivery, which is something I am aware I need to work on, as I often talk as fast as a chipmunk on a caffeine high.

Chris Coneybeer was our Guest Editor this week and he said I was personable but I still came across slightly stiff and nervous, he reassured me that confidence is something that will come with time.

I also tweeted Alastair Stewart for advice on presenting, and he was nice enough to reply with some very helpful advice. This also acted as a good little promotion for WINOL via a household name.





Chris Coneybeer also gave me advice on my Diane James interview, which we promoted and showed a small clip of in the bulletin. My questions were good, but Diane, like most politicians, was well trained and often managed to avoid the point I was  focusing on. The interview would have benefited if I re-questioned her, even if it meant asking her the same thing several times, even if she never answers it, it makes it clear to the audience that this is a topic she is trying to avoid. Politicians will always say their party line and get across what they want to say, it is my job to push them further.


No comments:

Post a Comment