Wednesday 13 February 2013

WINOL - Week 3 - Chris Huhne

WINOL week three I covered the Chris Huhne scandal. The footage for this piece was made up of archive footage, newspaper headline shots, interview, vox pops and my piece to camera. My main issue with this story was finding enough images to hold it all together, as it is a national story and I was unable to get any footage of Chris Huhnes resignation statement.

On the Tuesday I went to Eastleigh to interview Keith House (Lib-Dem) and Ray Finch (UKIP) and to also gather vox pops from residents. Unfortunately, due to technical problems with the camera and sound I was unable to use any of the vox pops I had gathered, or my piece to camera, or my interview with Ray Finch. I then went back to Eastleigh on Wednesday morning to re-do my piece to camera and the vox pops from the public.

After a very stressful morning of filming and editing, I managed to turn it around in time for the bulletin.

Written Story:

Chris Huhne has resigned as the MP for Eastleigh after pleading guilty to perverting the course of justice.
Allegations first surfaced in 2010 that Huhne had got his then wife, Vicky Pryce, to take speeding points for him. The Eastleigh MP and his family consistently denied the allegations.
Huhne’s marriage later ended after he had an affair with his PR adviser, Carina Trimingham. The turbulent relationships within his family were highlighted by texts from his son, which were revealed in court.
His constituents showed very little sympathy for Huhne, one resident said: “I think he owes everyone in Eastleigh an apology”.
A by-election will now take place and with Huhne having won his seat with a near four thousand majority, the Lib Dems are confident they can maintain it. Councillor Keith House said: “it’s a great shame that the events that happened, happened, but we move on, go into the by-election confident that we can hold the seat and elect a new MP for our community”.
The date of the by-election is yet to be announced but there is speculation that it will take place in early May so it coincides with the local elections.
Video Report:

No comments:

Post a Comment